Tuesday, August 24, 2010

In search of office space -- in your house! Whoa!

Last night I sat on my porch. This is one of my favorite pleasures of West Philly. I sat there with my neighbor Elizabeth who is lovely and just returned from Kenya where she was studying African history, and Elizabeth introduced me to fellow Africanist (that's what they're called! No joke!) Jeremy who seems so far to also be a lovely person, somewhat understated, good at humor, and in search of an office space of one's own.
So if your communal house has a bonus room of some kind, perhaps a Squishy Room (Percolator-style) or an extra unoccupied bedroom or something, consider having this guy rent your space. Your dirty dishes pile won't be affected by this extra non-housemate. Contact info: jeremy.dell (at) gmail (dot) com.

I'm looking for anyone in West Philly who has a closet-sized bedroom that they just don't know what to do with. What they should do is rent it to me as an office! All I need is some space in which I can compose future works of African history. We're talking a desk, a chair, maybe a few bookshelves. Internet access would be great as well, and perhaps that could be part of the negotiated price. So anyone who can spare a room and would like to cut down on rent a bit can email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment