Northeast Event Planning Intern
- Assisting the Regional Organizer and related CoFED Staff in all aspects of planning for each event, including but not limited to:
- Searching for and securing suitable locations
- Securing food donations through sustainable food organizations/companies
- Corresponding and following up with speakers and students
- Developing registration documents, creative tracking processes and ticketing
- Development of publicity materials and strategy
- Brainstorming event themes and activities + creative implementation
- Developing and/or assisting with fundraising events
- Self-directed projects
- Potential opportunities to create and lead relevant workshops.
- Free admission to retreats and discounted admission to relevant food conferences, food events and/or dinner parties
- Gain skills in online management tools and event planning;
- Exposure to cooperative businesses, consensus decision-making processes, anti-oppression training, food justice and related concepts in action;
- Excellent networking opportunities with influential movers and shakers in the food movement;
- Experience working with a small team in a fast-paced, professional environment where your ideas and input are valued and desired;
- Entrance into a nationally-recognized organization within a quickly growing field;
- Professional support and connections through advisers and partnering organizations
- Demonstrated interest in sustainable food movements, cooperative movements and/or sustainable and alternative business.
- Students/recent graduates in the Philadelphia metropolitan area will be given preference.
- Experience planning events in school or elsewhere.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and intuit responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort working virtually and in person.
- Experience with GoogleDocs, Excel, etc.
- Ability to dedicate 10 - 20 hours per week until at least January 8 , 2013